Stay in one of the elegant and unique rooms or suites at our bed and breakfast in Key West, FL within walking distance of Duval Street and Old Town Key West restaurants, bars, art galleries and attractions.
Rooms & Suites at our Bed and Breakfast in Key West, FL
A queen sleigh bed, sitting area which includes a 32” flat screen TV, sofa, wood floor and 2 full bathrooms and 2nd-floor porch. The top of the turret is a unique feature that includes a double bed, a 2nd TV, and seven tall windows around the 12 ft. high, octagon-shaped space.
Once the master bedroom, this spacious suite features a 4-poster king bed, Dade County pine floors, sofa bed for extra guests, TV and an opulent bathroom featuring a clawfoot slipper soaking tub, large glass shower and an abundance of space.
The former painters studio (Gene Otto; Artist House is named in his honor), this elegant and huge room has a romantic carved wood 4-poster king bed, original Dade County pine floors, TV and en-suite bath.
Victorian elegance and charm abound. The original “Parlor” to the house, this is another wonderful large room filled with antiques. It features a king size 4-poster bed. Polished wood floors, sofa in seating area, Smart TV and en-suite.
Once the library of the home, this large room is still loaded with charm and elegance including the marble fireplace. A queen bed and dresser on polished original wood floors and TV complete the room. The en-suite bathroom gives access to a private balcony with table and chairs.
Greet the day in this large second floor room featuring a queen bed and matching dresser. A built in armoire, TV and polished Dade County pine floors all add to the nostalgia of the room. The en-suite bathroom gives access to a small private deck overlooking the garden.
This tree-top escape features a queen bed, mini-fridge, private bath, and Smart TV. This unique room overlooks our garden and the rooftops of Old Town, and is accessed via it’s own private stairs. The room offers a private bath with glass shower and a unique vintage/glam style.
|Turret Suite||Four||Queen & Double||Clawfoot Soaking Tub & Glass Shower||Second Floor, Private Balcony, Seating Area||Check Rates|
|Anne Suite||Two||King||Clawfoot Tub & Shower||Second Floor, Fireplace, Seating Area||Check Rates|
|Eugene Studio Suite||Two||King||Tub/Shower Combo||First Floor, Fireplace, Seating Area||Check Rates|
|Parlor Suite||Two||King||Dual-Headed Glass Shower||First Floor, Seating Area||Check Rates|
|Garden Room||Two||Queen||Shower||First Floor, Private Balcony, Fireplace||Check Rates|
|Morning Room||Two||Queen||Tub/Shower Combo||Second Floor, Private Deck, Fireplace||Check Rates|
|Sun Room||Two||Queen||Walk-in Glass Shower||Second Floor, Private Entrance||Check Rates|
All rooms at our Key West bed and breakfast offer the following amenities:
- In-room Keurig
- In-room Tea Forte Teas
- Separate Remote Controlled Mini-split A/C Units
- In-room Safe
- Flatscreen TVs
Enhance your Key West getaway with these guest amenities.
- Complimentary Breakfast
- Happy Hour
- Plunge Pool
- WiFi Internet Access
- Bike Rental
Rates vary during days of the week, special events and holidays. Below is a list of events that may affect rates. High Season is the winter months, Low Season is the summer months.
- Rates include a complimentary breakfast every morning.
- Rates are based on up to 2 people per room.
- The Turret Suite can sleep up to 4 people. Rates are based on 2 people. There is an additional $50 per person, per night charge for extra guests.
- Add additional 12.5% state and local tax per night.
- Check-in time is between 3 and 5 PM. Early check-in is not available, but contact us to arrange for luggage storage. Check-out time is 11 AM. We are not able to accommodate late check-outs, but we can hold your luggage until 5 PM.
Additional terms for The Artist House:
- While your reservation is booked, your credit card will be charged for one night’s room deposit.
- Cancellations must be made 7 days or more from the arrival date, in order to receive a full refund. Cancellations made 6 days or less prior to your arrival date, will result in a one night room and tax charge.
- Weekends, Special Events and Holidays may require minimum night stays, higher deposits and full payments.
- Fantasy Festival and New Year’s Eve stays will require a 50% deposit and the balance paid 30 days prior to arrival date.
- Cancellation for Fantasy Festival and New Year’s Eve must be made 31 days or more from the arrival date, in order to receive a refund less $100 cancellation fee. Cancellations made 30 days or less prior to your arrival date, will result in a one night room and tax charge.
- If you need to cancel a portion of your reservation, there will be no fee if done so 7 days or more prior to the arrival date. A $50 fee will apply to each night cancelled if done within 7 days prior to arrival. If a minimum night stay applies, you will still be responsible for payment for the full duration to fulfil the requirement.
- For your protection: At check-in, we will require verification of the credit card that the reservation was charged to along with a photo ID of the credit card holder.
- We are a non-smoking facility. Smoking is only permitted on the porches, garden, and balconies. We ask that smokers refrain from smoking during breakfast.
- Children over the age of 5 years are welcome, but cannot exceed the max capacity for the room. Extra person fees apply.
- Minimum age for room rental is 21.
- Rates and specials are subject to change without notice.
- A damage deposit may be required at check-in.
- Service/Emotional support dogs are welcome.
We cannot be responsible for delays, interruptions, cancellations or inconveniences in your trip due to weather. However, if you have a confirmed reservation and you are due to arrive within 24 hours and an evacuation order (due to a hurricane warning) is issued you will receive a full refund or transfer of any deposits to a future reservation. If you have already arrived on the island and an evacuation order is issued you will receive a refund for the unused portion of your stay. Please note that in the event of a hurricane evacuation you must leave the island. There are no exceptions.
The Artist House, a restored Queen Anne Victorian mansion located in the centre of Old Town Key West, warmly welcomes all guests. However, due to the historic significance of our authentic 1890’s truly original Victorian Guesthouse, the Inn is not completely wheelchair accessible. Removal of necessary physical barriers for complete accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property.
The physical barriers include the following:
- Elevated access into the Inn requires climbing 5 steps.
- Due to the historic nature of the building, the interior structure includes narrow hallways and doorways that do not accommodate a wheelchair.
- There is no elevator
- Rooms do not include a roll in shower
- There is no designated parking, but we are happy to help with parking arrangements and luggage.
So all guests can enjoy The Artist House, significant steps have been taken to remove barriers where possible at our property. We offer the following for those with limited disabilities:
- The Parlor Suite: This elegant first floor room, originally the parlor of the house, is located on the first floor and features a king size 4-poster bed, polished wood floors, sofa in the seating area, Smart TV and en-suite private bath. The bath offers a dual-headed glass shower, however there is a lip to step into the shower. For your comfort, this room offers an In-Room Keurig, In-Room Tea Forte Teas, a mini-fridge as well as a personal remote controlled mini-split A/C unit.
- Please note barriers above regarding entrance to these rooms such as steps to the entrance into the Inn as well as narrow hallways and doorways.
Our goal is to ensure that anyone who wishes to visit The Artist House can do so, regardless of their physical abilities. Among the ways we strive to comply with the ADA:
- It is our standard operating procedure that individuals with disabilities be able to make reservations for an accessible accommodation during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals who do not need an accessible room.
- We have identified and described accessible features as well as physical barriers with enough detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine independently whether a given guest room or cottage meets their accessibility needs.
- It is our standard operating procedure to ensure that our accessible guest room option is held for use by individuals with disabilities. However, we protect our clients’ right to privacy of disclosure.
- We guarantee that an accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer and is removed from all reservation systems. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to ensure that an accessible room is available through at least some of these services and that information concerning the accessibility of the room is included on their reservation platform.
- Guests with legitimate service dogs will be provided access to all areas of the inn where members of the public are allowed to go.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at (305) 296-3977 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.